Jobs & Volunteering
The Program Associate/Senior Program Associate/Program Coordinator is based in Oakland, California and supports NCYL’s work on behalf of the children and youth we serve. The position will provide administrative and project management support NCYL’s FosterEd team and will report to the Senior Director of Compassionate Systems.
The Program Coordinator/Senior Program Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support for a range of systems change strategies, including legislation, regulatory advocacy, demonstration projects, training, and technical assistance
- Managing projects with multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Coordinating grant applications, reports and budgets among team members
- Tracking FosterEd grant deliverables and deadlines
- Writing, editing, and proofreading external and internal materials
- Strengthening external communications and outreach strategies
- Arranging meetings with external partners
- Partnering closely with team leadership to develop and implement internal procedures
- Facilitating team communication, meetings, and resource sharing
- Planning events and team retreats
- Assisting project teams with hiring processes and/or onboarding
- Assisting with substantive research projects
- Maintaining the organization of electronic files
- Supporting the technology needs of staff and the implementation of organization-wide infrastructure projects and technologies, as needed
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communications skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details, manage multiple assignments, and work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to learn new technology and explain them to others
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience working at a nonprofit organization
- Experience and/or strong interest in child welfare, education, juvenile justice and adolescent health
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position in Oakland, California with flexible hours. Salary is comparable to similar organizations in the Bay Area, at $60,000 – $73,000 annually. NCYL provides health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, vacation benefits, and an employer contribution to a retirement plan.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through April 26, 2019. Submit a cover letter and resume to apply. No phone calls or emails please.
Applicants with personal experience within a public system, applicants of color, and those who will increase the diversity of NCYL are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCYL is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information.