Work With Us
Our talented, mission-driven staff cares deeply about advancing equity, dignity and care for children and youth in policies, courts, classrooms, and communities.
We welcome diversity of all kinds — racial/ethnic, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, and age, among others. With offices in Oakland and Washington, D.C. and staff across many zip codes, we value collaboration and the ability to work independently.
The National Center for Youth Law has the following job openings at this time. Please check this page regularly for new job postings.
The National Center for Youth Law offers fair and competitive salaries with an extensive benefits package — including comprehensive health coverage for employees and dependents, paid time off and sick leave, and professional development support.
- Fully paid health insurance for employee and dependents, 50% paid for spouse or partner
- Fully paid dental insurance for employee and family
- Fully paid vision insurance for employee and family
- Life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
Paid Time Off
- Vacation benefits (3 weeks the first year, 4 weeks thereafter)
- 2 fully paid personal days (1 fully paid personal day if start date is after July 1st)
- 12 sick leave days
- 11 holidays and the business days between Dec 24 and Dec 31
- 3 month fully paid sabbatical after 6 years of full-time employment or equivalent
- 4% employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan (no vesting period)
- Transit program – employees can use tax deferred income to pay for commuter expenses and parking
- FSA program for dependent care and medical expenses – employees can use tax deferred income to pay for medical expenses and dependent care
- $1,500 professional development stipend available each calendar year to all employees
The National Center for Youth Law’s Human Resources team is on hand to assist all employees as they onboard with the organization and during their tenure with the team.
We believe in...
- Centering Humanity: First, we lean into empathy and treat employees as whole people.
- Fairness & Equity: Our practice is transparent, honest and consistent.
- Deep Partnership: Relationship-building is the foundation of our growth and success.
Establish and maintain processes, tools, and resources that guide and support all employees to realize their potential in service to the National Center for Youth Law's mission.
Our vision is a workplace culture in which every staff member may be their authentic self, perform at their best and feel good about the work they do.