End the Prolonged Detention of Immigrant Children: Support Our Class Action Lawsuit to Protect the Rights of Detained Immigrant Children
All donations to the National Center for Youth Law will support efforts to defend the rights of immigrant children in U.S. federal custody.
On June 29th, the National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) and co-counsel filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of immigrant children in federal custody. We are demanding that the government end the unconstitutional practice of unnecessarily detaining children.
For a year and a half, NCYL attorneys have been visiting and bearing witness to the experiences of immigrant children in federal detention centers across the country. The situation is profoundly disturbing.
Right now, the children we represent are:
- Unlawfully held in detention centers rather than released to their families.
- Warehoused in facilities not fit for human beings.
- Prevented from talking to their parents or family members for extended periods of time.
- Systemically denied their due process rights.
- Coerced to take powerful psychotropic medications.
All of these violate the rights of children under the Constitution. That’s why we’re fighting back—but we can’t do it without your support.
A donation today will ensure we can continue to:
- Visit children in detention facilities around the country.
- Monitor violations of children’s constitutional rights.
- Advocate for immigrant children’s release to reunite them with their families.
Join us in this fight. We are a 501(c)3 organization, so your contribution is 100% tax-deductible.